Today I want to give you a place to start your week. It’s Monday and in the wake of a great weekend and a workweek ahead, sometimes you just need a “kickstart” to get focused. So grab some coffee let’s start a great week together.
Ever wonder why you’ve never stayed in a hotel room on the 13th floor? The answer is simple: The floor doesn’t “exist.” Some hotels skip the number 13 and go straight to 14 when numbering floors. As rational thought will dictate, hotels and buildings higher than 12 floors of course have a 13th floor, however, they do away with it by simply renaming it something else. In other words, though a 13th floor exists, it’s not always seen or noticed.
I think faith is the 13th Floor. We don’t see it, but we know it’s there. And it to be seen, it needs to be accessed. We all know of faith, but to really to know faith, must experience faith. This month, we step onto the “13th Floor” as we walk together in this new series on faith.
Sunday, we continued this “dreamer’s” story. Now in prison for a crime he didn’t commit, God is blessing him in the place of his incarceration. It is here where “isolation” begins to test the dreams he’s had.
Other thoughts from the Youversion notes from Sunday:
- “Faith is not some fragile thing that shatters when we walk through something hard.” Pat Barrett
- The words in my mouth are the reflection of the faith I possess in my heart.
- You don’t need to be talking specifically about Jesus to say something about Jesus.
- Your words are the echo of your heart.
- The Language of Faith (Hebrews 11:3)
- (1) Forms (for the purposes of God).
- (2) Put things into order (take out of chaos).
- (3) Equips for the intended purpose (position to follow Jesus).
- Never doubt the power of speaking words of life into another.
- Faith sees the Kingdom, speaks about it, and acts upon it.
- When we don’t speak words of faith, we rob people (including ourselves) of blessing.
- Heavenly Father give me the wisdom to HOLD my words until I am certain they are in the center of Your heart. Holy Spirit empower me to GUARD my words so I never have to be embarrassed when they are brought into Your light. Jesus, REFINE my words until they honor You, reflect your beauty, and become uplifting to the people around me. #13thFloorPrayer #13thFloor
Love you all. Have an amazing week.
BTW: Here’s the new song from today: