Today I want to give you a place to start your week. It’s Monday and in the wake of a great weekend and a workweek ahead, sometimes you just need a “kickstart” to get focused. So grab some coffee let’s start a great week together.
Ever wonder why you’ve never stayed in a hotel room on the 13th floor? The answer is simple: The floor doesn’t “exist.” Some hotels skip the number 13 and go straight to 14 when numbering floors. As rational thought will dictate, hotels and buildings higher than 12 floors of course have a 13th floor, however, they do away with it by simply renaming it something else. In other words, though a 13th floor exists, it’s not always seen or noticed.
I think faith is the 13th Floor. We don’t see it, but we know it’s there. And it to be seen, it needs to be accessed. We all know of faith, but to really to know faith, must experience faith. This month, we step onto the “13th Floor” as we walk together in this new series on faith.
Sunday, we continued this “dreamer’s” story. Now in prison for a crime he didn’t commit, God is blessing him in the place of his incarceration. It is here where “isolation” begins to test the dreams he’s had.
Other thoughts from the Youversion notes from Sunday:
- Faith is the invitation and the activation of the kingdom of God in your life.
- Rules of faith:
- Rule 1: Faith begins with God; He is the author of our faith (Hebrews 12:2)
- Rule 2: God is able; He carries what He starts.
- Rule 3: We go forward in faith (faith is activated).
- Faith is believing BEFORE what will only make sense AFTER.
- With faith, God is able; without faith, we are not able.
- What God authors in your heart, He finishes in your life.
- Faith is a way of living with God as your source and God as your focus.
- Faith isn’t blind. It’s open eyed obedience.
- Faith doesn’t eliminate struggles. It shows you how to handle them.
Love you all. Have an amazing week.
BTW: Here’s the song from the end of our service.