Today I want to give you a place to start your week. It’s Monday and in the wake of a great weekend and a workweek ahead, sometimes you just need a “kickstart” to get focused. So grab some coffee let’s start a great week together.
Sunday, we kicked off a new series at Kfirst. Every July we launch a summer series and this year we turned our focus onto Proverbs.
This amazing and often misunderstood book was used hundreds of years ago to prepare people for a wise life in service to their king. Today, we glean from it to help us live wise lives in service to Jesus our King.
Check out this week’s message:
Other thoughts from Sunday:
- Read our Proverbs reading plan by clicking HERE.
- Wisdom is not in what you know but how well you live.
- Surrender is saying “yes“ to God before receiving the “terms and conditions.“
- Don’t look for a proverb to fix your life; be a proverb to shape the world.
- “…but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.” 1 Corinthians 1:24 ESV
- Wisdom doesn’t reflect what I feel is right but what is true about Jesus.
- Ask for wisdom. Repeat often.
- “If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking.” – James 1:5 NLT
- Father, I offer my eyes, my ears, my mouth, my hands, and my heart to you, so that I can walk in wisdom in whatever opportunities you might offer me today.
Love you all. Have an amazing week.
BTW: Here’s the new song we used yesterday.
Leave a Reply