It’s hard to believe she’s put up with me for 16 years. We’ve had our struggles and challenges but I can’t imagine doing life with anyone else.
I thought this week’s marriage blog I’d simply give you 16 Thoughts on marriage:
- Christ MUST be your foundation. Marriage by itself is hard. I can’t imagine doing it without Jesus.
- You cannot find fulfillment in each other. We find our fullness in Jesus (my sermon in two weeks). Jesus is our foundation AND our fulfillment.
- You can’t get married based upon what you get out of it. Approach marriage by what you can give/serve.
- No husband has ever been taken to divorce court for doing too much housework.
- Egos and stereotypes must be left at the front door.
- Date often…then date some more.
- Be givers: Tithe. Give to missions. Give to benevolence.
- Find ways to volunteer/serve together.
- Never met a couple going through divorce proceedings who has a consistent sex life.
- Selfishness has no place…EVER.
- Forgiveness is immediate. Trust is built.
- Embrace healthy financial stewardship. Run from debt.
- Be a constant student of your spouse.
- Don’t stop reading.
- Encourage her/him everyday. Find ways to say and express “I love you.” Don’t take your spouse for granted.
- Find things to celebrate.
Do you have any to add to the list?
Thanks to Anne for giving me 16 of the greatest years ever.
Thanks for letting me ramble…