I love our church. In fact, I think that you love our church too – otherwise you wouldn’t be here. But what is it exactly that we love about our church community? Why do we gather every Sunday here? Why do we volunteer here? Why don’t we see the people, not the building, as the church? We believe when the Church is working right, there is nothing like it. The Church is not an organization. It’s an organism designed to live, move, and have being. January is all about celebrating what Christ established. In Matthew 16, Jesus gave us this promise that He would build His Church, and that nothing could prevail against it. So, we don’t just attend a church and we don’t just tolerate the Church — we celebrate it, because we are part of that Church that Jesus is building! This month, we celebrate everything that God has done, while looking forward to the future. We have a rich history here at Kfirst, but we believe that the best is yet to come.
Other thoughts from the Youversion notes from Sunday:
- You cannot become “you” by yourself. There are parts of your destiny that cannot be developed without community.
- May we the Church be quicker to see the commonality in Christ amongst each other before we take notice and voice what we don’t like or agree with about each other.
- We should have nothing to offer the world that we are unwilling to practice in the Church.
- There’s no such thing as an “only child” in the family of Christ.
- When you say yes to Jesus, you’re saying yes to family.
Love you all! See you this Sunday!
BTW: Here’s a great song for the week…