I love our church. In fact, I think that you love our church too – otherwise you wouldn’t be here. But what is it exactly that we love about our church community? Why do we gather every Sunday here? Why do we volunteer here? Why don’t we see the people, not the building, as the church? We believe when the Church is working right, there is nothing like it. The Church is not an organization. It’s an organism designed to live, move, and have being. January is all about celebrating what Christ established. In Matthew 16, Jesus gave us this promise that He would build His Church, and that nothing could prevail against it. So, we don’t just attend a church and we don’t just tolerate the Church — we celebrate it, because we are part of that Church that Jesus is building! This month, we celebrate everything that God has done, while looking forward to the future. We have a rich history here at Kfirst, but we believe that the best is yet to come.
Other thoughts from the Youversion notes from Sunday:
- Salvation happens in an instant; transformation happens over time.
- Resistance lives on the border of breakthrough.
- I’ve learned that most breakthrough with God doesn’t happen till something has broken down within me.
- If you see yourself in a state of constant growth, we will see a greater need for discipleship.
- I am not all that I want to be, but I am not at all what I used to be.
The breakthrough you hope for, the victory you yearn for, the dream you work for might be one decision away. The decision is to MOVE FORWARD.
Love you all! See you this Sunday!
BTW: Here’s a great song for the week…