Hitting the trail with a group of people is a fantastic way to strengthen friendships or get to know new people. While you’re putting in the miles, the person at the FRONT has a vital role in keeping the group together, focused, and safe. That person is known as the Trail Leader. A good Trail Leader will: 1. Keep an eye out for trail markers to navigate the journey. 2. Manage the group’s pace 3. Pause at crossings and junctions to regroup. 4. Recognize and maneuver through challenges. That brings us to the Old Testament figure Moses. For his story can be summed up as the story of a Trail Leader. His life is an epic tale of one who faces personal challenges while leading an entire nation along a journey of twists and turns, freedom and challenges, failures and victories. Our series will follow this Trail Leader from the beginning of his path to the end. And I hope this series will not only help us come to know Moses, but see how the trail he follows speaks into our lives today.
Check out the service from the website or from the Facebook livestream.
Other thoughts from the Youversion notes from Sunday:
- Whenever I face a season of transition, I must remember: God is present, His promises are true, and He always provides.
“Waiting is the in-between time; it calls us to be in this moment this season without leaning so far into the future that we tear our roots from the present. When we learn to wait, we learn to experience where we are as substantial and precious in our life.” Book – “When the heart waits” by Sue Monk Kidd
- A season of waiting is the opportunity God uses to help us loosen our grip from control and let Him be God in our lives.
- Waiting is God’s invitation for us to actively engage into a spiritual formation experience.
- When God invites us to wait, He invites us to release our demands to His desires.
- What if “waiting on God” was not some grand inconvenience, but rather the very tool God wants to use to shape & change us?
God’s transition seasons are packed with Kingdom purpose. We can trust Him in the waiting.
- I will work with God by waiting on God. (Psalm 130:5-7)
Love you all. Have a great week.
BTW: Here’s a great song for the week…
Leave a Reply