Hitting the trail with a group of people is a fantastic way to strengthen friendships or get to know new people. While you’re putting in the miles, the person at the FRONT has a vital role in keeping the group together, focused, and safe. That person is known as the Trail Leader. A good Trail Leader will: 1. Keep an eye out for trail markers to navigate the journey. 2. Manage the group’s pace 3. Pause at crossings and junctions to regroup. 4. Recognize and maneuver through challenges. That brings us to the Old Testament figure Moses. For his story can be summed up as the story of a Trail Leader. His life is an epic tale of one who faces personal challenges while leading an entire nation along a journey of twists and turns, freedom and challenges, failures and victories. Our series will follow this Trail Leader from the beginning of his path to the end. And I hope this series will not only help us come to know Moses, but see how the trail he follows speaks into our lives today.
Other thoughts from the Youversion notes from Sunday:
- Sometimes God’s direction is not about where He is taking us but what God is doing in us.
- God doesn’t lead us into a direction to destroy us but to build us.
- I can face things that are out of my control and not act out of control.
- Faith cannot fix what you are unwilling to face.
- Sometimes God will draw us into a cul-de-sac just so he can draw “Egypt” out of us.
- Some of the most glorious moments will come in the face of the greatest resistance.
- Often we can be looking for relief when God is trying to develop resilience.
Love you all. Have a great week.
BTW: Here’s a great song for the week…