Hitting the trail with a group of people is a fantastic way to strengthen friendships or get to know new people. While you’re putting in the miles, the person at the FRONT has a vital role in keeping the group together, focused, and safe. That person is known as the Trail Leader. A good Trail Leader will: 1. Keep an eye out for trail markers to navigate the journey. 2. Manage the group’s pace 3. Pause at crossings and junctions to regroup. 4. Recognize and maneuver through challenges. That brings us to the Old Testament figure Moses. For his story can be summed up as the story of a Trail Leader. His life is an epic tale of one who faces personal challenges while leading an entire nation along a journey of twists and turns, freedom and challenges, failures and victories. Our series will follow this Trail Leader from the beginning of his path to the end. And I hope this series will not only help us come to know Moses, but see how the trail he follows speaks into our lives today.
Other thoughts from the Youversion notes from Sunday:
- God sees. God knows. God is working behind the scenes.
- God desires to draw us out of bondage and draw us into the plans and purposes He has for our lives.
- “Faith is not believing in my own unshakable belief. Faith is believing in an unshakable God.” Beth Moore
- The prayers of our pain do not fall on deaf ears.
- Just because you may feel forgotten by God doesn’t mean he has forgotten about you.
- “It doesn’t matter how great the pressure is; what really matters is where the pressure lies. Whether it comes between you and God or presses you nearer to His heart.” —Hudson Taylor
- When it seems that God’s left the scene, it means He’s working behind the scenes.
Love you all. Have a great week.
BTW: Here’s a great song for the week…