Have you ever noticed a sign on a restaurant or store that isn’t working properly? Sometimes the whole sign is out. Most of the time, it’s only a letter or two that is missing causing the sign to read completely different than what the owners intend. And that’s what I see with the word “danger.” But it is the letter “d” that keeps flickering in and out of sight. So in essence, What reads “anger” on the surface, only reveals the “danger” in the warning trying to be conveyed. God created all of our emotions, including anger. However, there are appropriate and inappropriate ways to express anger. We must learn to deal with anger in a healthy way so that it won’t control us and be a DANGER to us and the relationships in our lives. Unchecked anger doesn’t produce anything good or change anything for good. It only creates opportunity for evil to rule over us. Join us as we enter into a series where we want to understand this emotional experience so that the Holy Spirit can teach us how to express our anger appropriately. Because without His help, there is always a DANGER to our ANGER.
Other thoughts from the Youversion notes from Sunday:
- Your RESPONSE (to anger) should be in alignment with your PURPOSE (in life).
- God doesn’t stand in the way of joy; He’s the way to it. He stands in the way of things that take your joy away.
- Perhaps the presence of storms are only to remind you of what you ought to be trusting in.
- When you build something out of anger, don’t be surprised when it becomes the instrument of your own destruction.
- God does not save us for safety; He saves us that we might save others.
- Your purpose is never anger; your purpose is to be the imago dei (image of God).
Love you all. Have a great week.
BTW: Here’s a great song for the week…