Have you ever noticed a sign on a restaurant or store that isn’t working properly? Sometimes the whole sign is out. Most of the time, it’s only a letter or two that is missing causing the sign to read completely different than what the owners intend. And that’s what I see with the word “danger.” But it is the letter “d” that keeps flickering in and out of sight. So in essence, What reads “anger” on the surface, only reveals the “danger” in the warning trying to be conveyed. God created all of our emotions, including anger. However, there are appropriate and inappropriate ways to express anger. We must learn to deal with anger in a healthy way so that it won’t control us and be a DANGER to us and the relationships in our lives. Unchecked anger doesn’t produce anything good or change anything for good. It only creates opportunity for evil to rule over us. Join us as we enter into a series where we want to understand this emotional experience so that the Holy Spirit can teach us how to express our anger appropriately. Because without His help, there is always a DANGER to our ANGER.
Other thoughts from the Youversion notes from Sunday:
- God’s fingerprints should be evident upon our lives even when our words are silent.
- Anger functions as either a stumbling block or a stepping stone; it can lead to bitter nights or better days.
- Grace doesn’t justify someone else’s actions; it frees you to live and love like Jesus.
- Every problem is a platform for God’s providence.
- When a forgiving spirit is in you, anger loses its power over you.
BTW: Here’s the new song we did yesterday…