We all have a mode we get into when we are trying to accomplish something. You may put earbuds in to drown out noise. Maybe you find a place of solitude away from people and distractions. It is all about positioning yourself to be productive without anything or anyone interfering with your goals or train of thought. But I often wonder if we do that with God.
Without even thinking, we can get into a “mode” of life that we don’t wander from. There’s the weekly schedule, the daily grind, the monotony of a schedule, and the weight of responsibilities. We can get so regimented in life we lose our sensitivity to where the Lord is leading us.
As a church community, we are embarking into a six-week series with one goal and one prayer encapsulated in one word: Interruption.
Interrupt our status quo.
Interrupt our bias of what we think of the Holy Spirit.
Interrupt our hate (of ourselves and others).
Interrupt our plans.
Interrupt the things we feel captive to.
Holy Spirit, interrupt us and show us Your glory.
Other thoughts from the Youversion notes from Sunday:
- Jesus doesn’t just TELL us what to do. He SHOWS us.
- The Holy Spirit doesn’t make you better than anybody else; He makes you better than yourself.
- The Holy Spirit is not an experience to be had but a person to have a relationship with.
- We need to chase the resource not the revelation.
- Somebody else’s faith is on the other side of your obedience to the Spirit of God.
Love you all. Have an amazing week.
BTW: Here’s a song for the week…