We all have a mode we get into when we are trying to accomplish something. You may put earbuds in to drown out noise. Maybe you find a place of solitude away from people and distractions. It is all about positioning yourself to be productive without anything or anyone interfering with your goals or train of thought. But I often wonder if we do that with God.
Without even thinking, we can get into a “mode” of life that we don’t wander from. There’s the weekly schedule, the daily grind, the monotony of a schedule, and the weight of responsibilities. We can get so regimented in life we lose our sensitivity to where the Lord is leading us.
As a church community, we are embarking into a six-week series with one goal and one prayer encapsulated in one word: Interruption.
Interrupt our status quo.
Interrupt our bias of what we think of the Holy Spirit.
Interrupt our hate (of ourselves and others).
Interrupt our plans.
Interrupt the things we feel captive to.
Holy Spirit, interrupt us and show us Your glory.
Check out the service yesterday from the website or from the Facebook livestream.
Other thoughts from the Youversion notes from Sunday:
- You are not your worst sin, your biggest mistake, or your blowout failure; you are the temple of God’s spirit.
- Life is not a DIY project. When the Holy Spirit convicts us, it’s to invite us into a new way of living with Him.
- Spirit of God doesn’t just contend WITH us, the Spirit of God contends FOR US.
- The Holy Spirit is what separates “I can’t” from “God can.”
- Pentecost is both the birthday and the birthright of the Church.
Check out our new book! Click on the image to order!!
Love you all. Have an amazing week.
BTW: Here’s a song for the week…
Leave a Reply