There are over a dozen names and titles the Bible is known as.
Following is a list of the most well-known: God’s Word The Holy Scriptures Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth (B.I.B.L.E.) My blueprint for life” Biblia Sacra (Holy Bible) Sword of the Spirit.
Among the world’s great books, the Bible is without parallel. At Kfirst, we believe the Bible is the inspired word of God. It is authoritative, relevant and applicable to our lives. It is foundational for all we believe. February we journey into a new series called ‘The Good Book.’ And our heart is to help provide a practical approach to the Scriptures. We want to put a deep focus on, not just what the Bible is, but how to approach it in everyday life. Why? We see the Bible as more than doctrine and narrative, history and prophecy. The Scriptures are an invitation to experience God.
This series, we revisit this ancient book and experience the God who speaks through it.
Check out the service yesterday from the website or from the Facebook livestream.
Other thoughts from the Youversion notes from Sunday:
- The purpose of scripture isn’t just information to know of God but an invitation to experience God.
- What you produce out of your life is a result of what you digest within your life.
- Jewish Meditation Literature:
- You were not meant to get it all at once.
- It’s not about religious achievement.
- It was meant to be worked through in community.
- Scripture wasn’t meant to be an accomplishment to grasp but an experience that grasps us.
- “The Bible is alive, it speaks to me; it has feet, it runs after me; it has hands, it lays hold of me.”Martin Luther
- Questions to ask when I’m reading scripture:
- Why is this in here?
- What is God revealing about Himself in this passage?
- What does the passage teach me about myself and relationships?
Check out our new book! Click on the image to order!!
Love you all. Have an amazing week.
BTW: Here’s the song from the end of service:
Leave a Reply