I love our church. In fact, I think that you love our church too – otherwise you wouldn’t be here.
But what is it exactly that we love about our church community? Why do we gather every Sunday here? Why do we volunteer here? Why don’t we see the people, not the building, as the church? We believe when the Church is working right, there is nothing like it. The Church is not an organization. It’s an organism designed to live, move, and have being. January is all about celebrating what Christ established. In Matthew 16, Jesus gave us this promise that He would build His Church, and that nothing could prevail against it. So, we don’t just attend a church and we don’t just tolerate the Church — we celebrate it, because we are part of that Church that Jesus is building! This month, we celebrate everything that God has done, while looking forward to the future. We have a rich history here at Kfirst, but we believe that the best is yet to come.
Other thoughts from the Youversion notes from Sunday:
- God, search our hearts and remove anything that doesn’t align with Your heart.
- Myths of Spiritual Growth:
- 1 – Spiritual growth is about finding the right formula.
- 2 – Spiritual growth is optional.
- 3 – The goal is to attract more of God’s love and the attention of people.
- 4 – The test of spiritual formation is how much I know.
- “Spiritual formation is a process of being conformed to the image of Christ for the sake of others.” M. Robert Mulholland
- “There’s nothing I can do to make God love me more and there’s nothing I can do to make him love me less.“ Philip Yancey
- You and I have a choice of becoming more like Jesus or less like Jesus every day.
- Partnership with God is doing what I can do while God does what only he can do.
- Repentance: Aligning your life in the direction of Jesus.
- Are my thoughts leading me, toward life (toward the best version of me) or in the other direction?
- Why Repentance?
- 1 – It causes me to take responsibility for my sin.
- 2 – It is an act of humility that reconnects my heart to His.
- 3 – It shows I’m relying on God’s strength to help me change.
- 4 – It allows me to be continually healed.
- 5 – Repentance sustains growth in my relationship with God.
Love you all. Have an amazing week.
BTW: Here’s the new song we used from the last two weeks…