I love our church. In fact, I think that you love our church too – otherwise you wouldn’t be here.
But what is it exactly that we love about our church community? Why do we gather every Sunday here? Why do we volunteer here? Why don’t we see the people, not the building, as the church? We believe when the Church is working right, there is nothing like it. The Church is not an organization. It’s an organism designed to live, move, and have being. January is all about celebrating what Christ established. In Matthew 16, Jesus gave us this promise that He would build His Church, and that nothing could prevail against it. So, we don’t just attend a church and we don’t just tolerate the Church — we celebrate it, because we are part of that Church that Jesus is building! This month, we celebrate everything that God has done, while looking forward to the future. We have a rich history here at Kfirst, but we believe that the best is yet to come.
Other thoughts from the Youversion notes from Sunday:
- God never asks for my perfection; He only wants my “yes.”
- When we say yes to God, we open ourselves up to receiving the good things He wants to do in and through us.
- Church isn’t supposed to be perfect, it’s supposed to be home—that’s why we all fit in.
- Jesus does not ask for people to clean up the lives before following him.
- I wonder how many times I’ve missed God’s “yes” because I didn’t push through someone else’s “no.”
- Life is messy. Church is messy. Faith is messy. Let’s get over it, and get on with helping people experience God’s grace.
- “Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don’t have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace.” Brendan Manning ‘The Ragamuffin Gospel’
- It’s a dangerous prayer to ask “God, what do you want me to say yes to today?” But it’s even more dangerous not to.
Love you all. Have an amazing week.
BTW: Here’s the new song we used yesterday…