Today I want to give you a place to start your week. It’s Monday and in the wake of a great weekend and a workweek ahead, sometimes you just need a “kickstart” to get focused. So grab some coffee let’s start a great week together.
Ever wonder why you’ve never stayed in a hotel room on the 13th floor? The answer is simple: The floor doesn’t “exist.” Some hotels skip the number 13 and go straight to 14 when numbering floors. As rational thought will dictate, hotels and buildings higher than 12 floors of course have a 13th floor, however, they do away with it by simply renaming it something else. In other words, though a 13th floor exists, it’s not always seen or noticed.
I think faith is the 13th Floor. We don’t see it, but we know it’s there. And it to be seen, it needs to be accessed. We all know of faith, but to really to know faith, must experience faith. This month, we step onto the “13th Floor” as we walk together in this new series on faith.
Sunday, we continued this “dreamer’s” story. Now in prison for a crime he didn’t commit, God is blessing him in the place of his incarceration. It is here where “isolation” begins to test the dreams he’s had.
Other thoughts from the Youversion notes from Sunday:
- Faith is the invitation and the activation of the kingdom of God in your life.
- Faith is living in the tension between what IS and what it OUGHT to be.
- Reviewing victory doesn’t take faith; previewing it does.
- God may not meet your expectations, but He will always meet your needs.
- Stop basing your expectations off of the limitations someone has spoken over you.
- Just because your progress isn’t obvious doesn’t mean your faith isn’t working.
- Stop giving yourself expectations that Jesus hasn’t give you.
- We grow deep in our faith in Jesus so we have something to offer others.
- You can’t have expectation in your faith if you have no intention of living it.
Love you all. Have an amazing week.
BTW: Here’s the song from the end of our service.