Today I want to give you a place to start your week. It’s Monday and in the wake of a great weekend and a workweek ahead, sometimes you just need a “kickstart” to get focused. So grab some coffee let’s start a great week together.
Sunday, we started our fall series at Kfirst. Every September, we study a specific person in scripture and this year we’ve landed on Joseph.
He’s a brother sold into slavery. A slave who faced trials and temptation. A prisoner innocent of any crime. A wise man, full of integrity, elevated to a position of influence amongst his enemies. This is the story of Joseph.
Sunday, we continued this “dreamer’s” story. Now in prison for a crime he didn’t commit, God is blessing him in the place of his incarceration. It is here where “isolation” begins to test the dreams he’s had.
Other thoughts from the Youversion notes from Sunday:
- When I give God my attention, He gives me my direction.
- How do we lose our attention on the God-Dream in our lives?
- Unexpected turns.
- Unmet expectations.
- Unreleased Issues.
- Your faith will go in the direction of your attention. What you focus on most will be where your faith lives.
- If we’re not careful, our ideals can quickly become our idols.
- Attention creates access.
- Those who don’t lose sight of their progress will find joy in the process.
Love you all. Have an amazing week.
BTW: Here’s our new song at Kfirst.