Today I want to give you a place to start your week. It’s Monday and in the wake of a great weekend and a workweek ahead, sometimes you just need a “kickstart” to get focused. So grab some coffee let’s start a great week together.
Sunday, we started our fall series at Kfirst. Every September, we study a specific person in scripture and this year we’ve landed on Joseph.
He’s a brother sold into slavery. A slave who faced trials and temptation. A prisoner innocent of any crime. A wise man, full of integrity, elevated to a position of influence amongst his enemies. This is the story of Joseph.
Sunday, we continued this “dreamer’s” story. Now in prison for a crime he didn’t commit, God is blessing him in the place of his incarceration. It is here where “isolation” begins to test the dreams he’s had.
Other thoughts from the Youversion notes from Sunday:
- The darkest moments you face can develop the deepest strength of your faith.
- “Mountaintops inspire leaders, but valleys mature them.” Winston Churchill
- Our ideas of God’s goodness often get in the way of actually seeing God’s goodness.
- God sometimes uses broken dreams to lead us down the path to arrive at a better dream.
- God is the ultimate recycler of broken dreams.
- God awakens your deeper desires in dark moments.
- I don’t know how my story will unfold, but I know my story will unfold with God with me.
Love you all. Have an amazing week.
BTW: Here’s the new song for you from Sunday.