Today I want to give you a place to start your week. It’s Monday and in the wake of a great weekend and a workweek ahead, sometimes you just need a “kickstart” to get focused. So grab some coffee let’s start a great week together.
Sunday, we started our fall series at Kfirst. Every September, we study a specific person in scripture and this year we’ve landed on Joseph.
He’s a brother sold into slavery. A slave who faced trials and temptation. A prisoner innocent of any crime. A wise man, full of integrity, elevated to a position of influence amongst his enemies. This is the story of Joseph.
Sunday, we continued this “dreamer’s” story. Now a few years later, God has not just blessed him, but he’s blessing others because of their proximity to Joseph. It is here where temptation test the dreams and the character needed to carry those dreams.
Other thoughts from the Youversion notes from Sunday:
- Our character is an essential attribute to measure the health of our relationship with the Lord.
- The quality of your character should match the level of your calling.
- What God placed within you is greater than what you face around you.
- Temptation is at its highest when you are at your lowest.
- Sin dwells at the intersection of desire and opportunity.
- Put the life of Christ into action BEFORE the times of temptation.
- Stop living life with the safety on; Activate your walk with Christ.
Love you all. Have an amazing week.
BTW: Here’s the new song for you from Sunday.