Today I want to give you a place to start your week. It’s Monday and in the wake of a great weekend and a workweek ahead, sometimes you just need a “kickstart” to get focused. So grab some coffee let’s start a great week together.
Sunday, we started our fall series at Kfirst. Every September, we study a specific person in scripture and this year we’ve landed on Joseph.
He’s a brother sold into slavery. A slave who faced trials and temptation. A prisoner innocent of any crime. A wise man, full of integrity, elevated to a position of influence amongst his enemies. This is the story of Joseph.
Sunday, we established this “dreamer’s” family background. How his father (Jacob) grew up, how his father found his wife, and how that affected they way he viewed the family set the stage for how he treated Joseph. This 17 year old found himself seeing a God-given dream yet living at the bottom of a pit.
Other thoughts from the Youversion notes from Sunday:
- God gives us a dream of “what could be“ to meet us in the nightmare of “what is.“
- Don’t translate the lack of man’s validation as “God’s rejection.”
- Resilience grows in the wake of rejection.
- The darkness isn’t where dreams die, it’s where they’re developed.
- I refuse to attend the funeral of a dream God has given me.
Love you all. Have an amazing week.
BTW: Here’s the new song for you from Sunday.