Today I want to give you a place to start your week. It’s Monday and in the wake of a great weekend and a workweek ahead, sometimes you just need a “kickstart” to get focused. So grab some coffee let’s start a great week together.
Sunday, we continued our series at Kfirst. Every July and August, we have a summer series and this year we turned our focus onto Proverbs.
This amazing and often misunderstood book was used hundreds of years ago to prepare people for a wise life in service to their king. Today, we glean from it to help us live wise lives in service to Jesus our King.
Other thoughts from Sunday:
- Read our Proverbs reading plan by clicking HERE.
- Humility is evidence of the deep in work of Christ in our lives.
- Perhaps the greatest tool to interrupt the praise of God is the fill our mouths with the praise of ourselves.
- Pride is a shackle; humility is a key.
- “Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it’s thinking of yourself less.” – C.S. Lewis
- True humility isn’t the presence of self-degradation; it’s the absence of self-exaltation.
- An easy way to deflect looking at yourself is reflecting upon somebody else’s issues.
- “Pride refuses to be taught. Humility refuses not to be.” Brian Houston
- Father, I offer my eyes, my ears, my mouth, my hands, and my heart to you, so that I can walk in wisdom in whatever opportunities you might offer me today.
Love you all. Have an amazing week.
BTW: Here’s a new song for you.