Today I want to give you a place to start your week. It’s Monday and in the wake of a great weekend and a workweek ahead, sometimes you just need a “kickstart” to get focused. So grab some coffee let’s start a great week together.
Sunday, we continued our series at Kfirst. Every June we look to pour into marriages and this year our series is called, “Senseless.” It was four years ago I read Genesis 2:15-17 and saw the 5 senses at work.
The Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to work it and keep it (VISION; TOUCH). And the Lord God commanded the man, saying (HEAR), “You may surely eat(TASTE; SMELL) of every tree of the garden.
The senses were there to not just experience what God provided but to explore what God gifted humanity with. It gave a fascinating view of bringing health to the complexity of relationships, especially marriage.
This week, we look at the sense of “touch.” And when I think about sight, I think about opportunity to utilize our capacity to touch people’s lives physically, spiritually, emotionally, and mentally.
Check out this week’s message:
Other thoughts from Sunday:
- Receive the touch of God; be the touch of God.
- Healthy, appropriate touch should:
- 1 – Create an easy transition from one season to another.
- 2 – Help with the trauma of life.
- 3 – Enhance communication.
- 4 – Create a bond.
- Don’t diminish the value of physical touch; Don’t distill “touch” to merely physical.
- Our lives are not LINES; they are LINKS. We find life in community connecting with one another.
- 7 things transferred by Jesus and His disciples through touch. (Jimmy Evans)
- 1. Healing (Luke 4:40)
- 2. Blessing (Matthew 19:15)
- 3. The Holy Spirit (Acts 8:17)
- 4. Giftings (1 Timothy 4:14)
- 5. Authority (Acts 6:16)
- 6. Spiritual Covering (Acts 16:17)
- 7. Leadership Empowerment (Acts 13:1-13)
- What good we could do if we let Jesus teach us the art of Godly affection? Holiness discovered in human touch.
- Touch is not just the message Jesus preached medium Jesus used.
- The touch of Jesus commissions us with a calling.
Love you all. Have an amazing week.
BTW: Here’s the new song we used yesterday.
Leave a Reply