Today I want to give you a place to start your week. It’s Monday and in the wake of a great weekend and a workweek ahead, sometimes you just need a “kickstart” to get focused. So grab some coffee let’s start a great week together.
Sunday, we continued our series at Kfirst. Every June we look to pour into marriages and this year our series is called, “Senseless.” It was four years ago I read Genesis 2:15-17 and saw the 5 senses at work.
The Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to work it and keep it (VISION; TOUCH). And the Lord God commanded the man, saying (HEAR), “You may surely eat(TASTE; SMELL) of every tree of the garden.
The senses were there to not just experience what God provided but to explore what God gifted humanity with. It gave a fascinating view of bringing health to the complexity of relationships, especially marriage.
This week, we look at the sense of “sight.” And when I think about sight, I think about physical and spiritual perception God gives us.
Check out this week’s message:
Other thoughts from Sunday:
- Stop living at a level you were saved from and live toward the life you were saved to.
- Faith in Christ has not just changed the trajectory of your eternity but the patterns of your life.
- When we take our eyes off God’s direction, we only see our difficulties.
- Satan instigates (infects with a thought), fascinates (develops a story line), and then assassinates (destroys).
- The habits you maintain in comfortable seasons will carry you through a difficult seasons.
- “Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” Corrie Ten Boom
Love you all. Have an amazing week.
BTW: Here’s the new song we used yesterday.