Today I want to give you a place to start your week. It’s Monday and in the wake of a great weekend and a workweek ahead, sometimes you just need a “kickstart” to get focused. So grab some coffee let’s start a great week together.
Sunday, we interrupted our series at Kfirst to do our first Partnership Summit.
Last fall, we made a huge shift in the structure of our congregation. We moved from the terminology of “Membership” to “Partnership.” This was more than a shift of verbiage but a shift of philosophy and heart. We discovered an “issue” with membership. Membership was misunderstood, misapplied, or not applied at all. Because of a variety of church experiences, it made some want to avoid it all together.
It took quite a few years of prayer, research, and conversation. We landed on biblical term out of the book of Philemon that not only identified what it meant to be the core of our church community but also described our role.
The term we landed on: PARTNER
A Partner is more than an attender but someone who identifies and participates in the heart and vision of Kfirst. And we Partners, meet 3 times a year to celebrate God’s goodness, own the vision, and to pray together.
Last Sunday, was our introduction to Partnership by holding our first Partnership Summit on a Sunday morning.
Check out the message here:
Other thoughts from Sunday:
- Celebration is the reminder that every success happens by the grace of God.
- Partners are key to the atmosphere of Kfirst: CELEBRATION
- Partners are key to the heart and vision of Kfirst:
- Why? Partners carry the vision
- You will find what you think you’re going to find.
- God doesn’t bless you instead of someone else. He blesses you for the sake of someone else.
- “If you don’t reinvest your miracles, you will see the end of them.” Levi Lusko
- When we give what we have, our obedience becomes the conduit for miracles.
- God’s gifts get multiplied with their use.
Love you all. Have an amazing week.
Leave a Reply