Today I want to give you a place to start your week. It’s Monday and in the wake of a great weekend and a workweek ahead, sometimes you just need a “kickstart” to get focused. So grab some coffee let’s start a great week together.
Yesterday we continued our series on Elijah entitled, “Whirlwind.” Week 3, we look at Elijah’s preparation for the rest of his ministry when God sends him to the Kerith ravine. It was here where he was to wait and learn to depend upon God.
1 Kings 17:7-24 Elijah steps out of the ravine, sent by God to a widow living in Zarephaph. It was here that God began to take everything he prepared in Elijah and use it to show this widow God’s ability to provide in a land ruled by the worship of the idol Baal.
Here we learn:
- Gods preeminence in the ordinary, positions you for the extraordinary.
- When we put God first, we set ourselves up for the blessings of God.
- Don’t be distracted by “Dead ends.”
- Just when you think you’re finished, God is just getting started.
- We looked at the 40% wall. Don’t allow the Enemy convince you that you’re done. Where he says to stop, we say, in Christ, keep moving forward.
- Pursue trust, not clarity.
- Most of the time we look to clarity in order to trust. But God asks us to trust him and allow that to guide our lives.
This week, ask the Holy Spirit to deepen a trust in you. Spend some time in the presence of God. The more you are familiar with the Lord and His word, the more you’ll step out in trust with your life.
Love you all. Excited to see what God does in and through you.
See you this Sunday!!
BTW: This is one of the songs we did yesterday