This past month, we began a series called “Reading List.” Each week, we have been focusing on ONE chapter a week to sink into and ground ourselves in. With yesterday’s break from the series, I still wanted to give you a chapter to focus on: 1 John 3. At Kfirst , we believe that scripture is not just helpful for following Jesus but necessary. It stretches our thinking and challenges our living and it clues us into the heart of God and directs our paths.
If you’ve never read the scriptures, this is a great place to start. If you’ve never read the scriptures as a friend, a couple, or a family, this will be a great opportunity to begin a new trend (visit Kfirst’s media to listen).
This week’s BONUS passage: 1 John 3 (click to read)
Tuesday’s challenge: Take some time to memorize one verse that stuck out to you.
Here’s an easy way to approach memorizing scripture:
- Pick out a verse that stood out to you.
- Maybe it was a key word or phrase that caught your eye. Perhaps it was something that connected to you.
- When you spend time in prayer, use it in prayer.
- I say there’s no better way to pray God’s will than to pray the Word. Not only does it help your prayer, it helps you memorize scripture.
- Write it down.
- Use a journal. Try a notecard. Post it on social media (use #KfirstReadingList).
- Tell someone your verse.
- Not only does it help you memorize your scripture, it will encourage someone, and possibly help them memorize it.
- Repeat. Repeat. And repeat it again.
- Repetition is the best way to get something rooted.
Love you all. It’s gonna be an amazing Tuesday.
BTW: Here’s a song for your reading time.