There’s something about having a “reading list.” Usually, around the end of the school year, we see people posting about them or hear people talking about them. Of all of the books we want to soak up, the Bible is at the top of that list. At Kfirst , we believe that scripture is not just helpful for following Jesus but necessary. It stretches our thinking and challenges our living and it clues us into the heart of God and directs our paths. In July and August we’re hosting a summer series called “Reading List.”
Each Sunday, we’ll introduce a new chapter to focus on while equipping you to daily “soak it up” throughout the week. If you’ve never read the scriptures, this is a great place to start. If you’ve never read the scriptures as a friend, a couple, or a family, this will be a great opportunity to begin a new trend (visit Kfirst’s media to listen).
This week’s passage: Matthew 6 (click to read)
Wednesday’s challenge: Read the chapter with a friend/spouse/child and discuss the content with them.
This is my favorite day of the #KfirstReadingList week. Find someone to take this journey with. Here’s some ideas:
- Connect with your family. Make the “Reading List” series a marriage/family opportunity to dig into the scriptures.
- Connect with a friend over coffee. Meet up for coffee to go over the chapter for the week.
- What are your thoughts of the chapter?
- What scriptures did you find yourself reflecting on?
- What does the scripture challenge you to do?
- What does the Word remind you to do?
- Is there a particular verse that meant a lot to you?
Love you all. It’s gonna be an amazing Tuesday.
BTW: Here’s a song for your reading time.
Leave a Reply