Today I want to give you a place to start your week. It’s Monday and in the wake of a great weekend and a workweek ahead, sometimes you just need a “kickstart” to get focused. So grab some coffee let’s start a great week together.
We continued our current series in our Kfirst community that focuses on the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. And our focus turned to the issue of “break through.” To so many, finding freedom has only existed for what we receive. And what I find, that’s only half of it. When God does a work IN us, He desires to do a work THROUGH us. (Click here for yesterday’s notes.)
Yesterday we dove into the story of Paul and Silas’ imprisonment. Where most would find themselves defeated, these two men decided to respond differently. How can you respond to such difficult circumstances?
- Paul and Silas learned in the light how to respond to the dark.
- Everything we invest in our lives will come back with compound interest. The spiritual disciplines they invested in, developed their responses in the jail.
- There is a diff between a heart set free and a body set free.
- The freedom they possessed was far beyond what the jail offered. Their response was song and prayer. It signified what their hearts were really set upon AND it invited God’s presence into the place of their captivity.
- They recognized that their freedom wasn’t for them.
- God doesn’t ever do a solitary work; He pours in you so that you will pour out.
This week, if you find yourself in a place where you need some breakthrough, invite the presence of the Holy Spirit into THAT place of need. BUT, the work the Holy Spirit wants to do in you, He wants to do through you.
Love you all. See you next week as we wrap up our series!
BTW: Here’s a song for your week!