Today I want to give you a place to start your week. It’s Monday and in the wake of a great weekend and a workweek ahead, sometimes you just need a “kickstart” to get focused. So grab some coffee let’s start a great week together.
January is about “newness.” Whether we are talking about a new start, new life, new opportunities, or just new vision, a new year naturally directs our focus forward into endless possibilities.
Yesterday, we looked at a colossal shift. God moved his presence from “buildings” to “people” as the new temple for Him to dwell. And we focused on the fact that God’s presence with people was marked by fire. Both 2 Chronicles 7 and Acts 2 give us fantastics examples of God’s presence “falling” and “resting” on a location. We, as New Testament believers, have experience that; God’s presence lives within us “burning” in our hearts.
We made 3 statements about fire.
- To fight fire, you need to be on fire.
- Like a “controlled fire” by firefighters, we need the Lord to set intentional fires (passion and work of the Holy Spirit) in our lives.
- The Devil can’t burn what’s already burning.
- Like the “back-burn” of a fireman looking to stop the flow of a “mega-fire,” the Holy Spirit wants to work so deeply in our lives that we give no fuel to temptation in our lives.
- The problem isn’t the supply but the demand.
- God’s power isn’t a limited commodity. But the issue isn’t His desire; He’s not reluctant to revive you. If we ask, He’ll give.
Our messages are for Monday and we need to put action to what the Lord is speaking. So your next steps this week are:
- What can I do this week to walk in CONNECTION to Jesus.
- Spend some quality time in prayer, in the Word, as well as in worship. If you need a great reading plan, check this plan out.
- What step can I take to walk in COMMUNITY with His body.
- Get connected to others. I think the best way to connect to others AND develop a deeper walk with Christ is through serving. If you want to serve, check out our blog from last week.
Love you all. See you this Sunday as we continue our series.
BTW: Here’s a song for your week’s playlist.