Today I want to give you a place to start your week. It’s Monday and in the wake of a great weekend and a workweek ahead, sometimes you just need a “kickstart” to get focused. So grab some coffee let’s start a great week together.
January is about “newness.” Whether we are talking about a new start, new life, new opportunities, or just new vision, a new year naturally directs our focus forward into endless possibilities.
Yesterday, we looked at Paul’s admonishment in 1 Corinthians 12 to work together to be the body of Christ. And our heart is to for everyone to see THREE important facts:
- You are gifted (by the Holy Spirit).
- You are important (because of the cross).
- We can do more than ME.
At Kfirst, it’s our desire to see everyone find their fit to serve because, I believe, serving is both the best way to connect as well as the best road to discipleship. Advancing the kingdom of God is NOT about what pastors can do; it’s about what we can all do together. And when the body of Christ is working together, there’s nothing quite like it.
So yesterday, I gave a list of some of the dream serve opportunities for people to engage in. If you want to check out the list, here it is:
- Ask yourself: What breaks (touches) my heart?”
- God doesn’t give you a burden to do nothing about it.
- Make the move to engage.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office and let us help you find your fit in ministry. Maybe it’s to be a part of something. Perhaps it’s to lead or pioneer a ministry. The goal isn’t just to volunteer, it’s to find your ministry “fit.”
Also, if you’re looking for a scripture reading plan to go along with our message, check out this one.
Love you all. See you this Sunday as we continue our series.
BTW: Here’s a song for your week’s playlist.