Today I want to give you a place to start your week. It’s Monday and in the wake of a great weekend and a workweek ahead, sometimes you just need a “kickstart” to get focused. So grab some coffee let’s start a great week together.
January is about “newness.” Whether we are talking about a new start, new life, new opportunities, or just new vision, a new year naturally directs our focus forward into endless possibilities.
And its every January where we celebrate the newness of what God has in store for Kfirst community as we kickoff our annual #MYCHURCH series. (Click here for yesterday’s notes.)
Yesterday, we looked at Paul’s admonishment in 1 Corinthians 12 to work together to be the body of Christ. And our heart is to for everyone to see THREE important facts:
- You are gifted (by the Holy Spirit).
- You are important (because of the cross).
- We can do more than ME.
At Kfirst, it’s our desire to see everyone find their fit to serve because, I believe, serving is both the best way to connect as well as the best road to discipleship. Advancing the kingdom of God is NOT about what pastors can do; it’s about what we can all do together. And when the body of Christ is working together, there’s nothing quite like it.
So yesterday, I gave a list of some of the dream serve opportunities for people to engage in. If you want to check out the list, here it is:
Our messages are for Monday and we need to put action to what the Lord is speaking. So your next steps this week are:
- Ask yourself: What breaks (touches) my heart?”
- God doesn’t give you a burden to do nothing about it.
- Make the move to engage.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office and let us help you find your fit in ministry. Maybe it’s to be a part of something. Perhaps it’s to lead or pioneer a ministry. The goal isn’t just to volunteer, it’s to find your ministry “fit.”
Also, if you’re looking for a scripture reading plan to go along with our message, check out this one.
Love you all. See you this Sunday as we continue our series.
BTW: Here’s a song for your week’s playlist.
Leave a Reply