Today I want to give you a place to start your week. It’s Monday and in the wake of a great weekend and a workweek ahead, sometimes you just need a “kickstart” to get focused. So grab some coffee let’s start a great week together.
Yesterday, Jeff Meeker kicked off our new year at Kfirst by challenging us to ask the question: “What If?” For example:
- What if we spend time in the presence of Jesus and not just being “busy” for Jesus?
- What if we lived repentant lives and turned from sin?
- What if we decided to live by faith and not be ruled by doubt?
- What if we were to live truly loving God and loving our neighbors?
- What if we changed from worldly thoughts and actions and had our minds renewed?
- What if we live like we know that God has a plan and purpose for our lives?
- What if we were to stir up the gifts of God in us?
This year we can maximize our “what if” IF we are willing to draw close to God, His strength, and His timing. There are immense possibilities if we are willing to step out of our own comfort zone and see where God will take us. The abundant life is waiting for us but we need to spend time with the One who gives it. (Click here for yesterday’s notes.)
It’s time to move from “If only I could” to “I can through Christ!” It’s time to see your day, your work, and your home as opportunities for God to use you. As Jeff said yesterday:
Ask the Holy Spirit to help you step out this week as you look at your world through the eye’s of God. Also, if you’re looking for a scripture reading plan to go along with our message, check out this one.
Love you all. See you this Sunday as we kick off our annual vision series!
BTW: Here’s a song for your playlist this week.