Today I want to give you a place to start your week. It’s Monday and in the wake of a great weekend and long workweek ahead, sometimes you just need a “kickstart” to get focused. So grab some coffee let’s start a great week together.
Yesterday, we had a guest with us, Marcus Smith, missionary to Thailand. Kfirst has been supporting him, Andrea, and their beautiful family for the past 4 years. They have been instrumental in impacting the community that God has placed them in. And it all began when the Holy Spirit challenged their comfort zone.
And yesterday, Marcus brought to us what he termed as his “confessions” that every one of us can relate to.
- “I have nothing to give.”
- When we abide in Jesus, it’s THEN that we have something to offer. (John 15:4)
- “There’s a lot of junk in my heart.”
- I need to take inventory of what’s deep inside of me. (Hebrews 4:13)
- “I don’t know anything.”
- I should walk humbly before God and not get prideful in myself. (1 Corinthians 3:18)
Our messages are for Monday and we need to put action to what the Lord is speaking. This week, be willing to ask God to take you out of your comfort zone. God will not just give you opportunity, He will equip you to do it.
Also, if you need a scripture reading plan to go along with our message, check out this one.
Love you all. See you this Sunday as we continue our series!
BTW, here’s a song this week for your devotions playlist: