Today I want to give you a place to start your week. It’s Monday and in the wake of a great weekend and long workweek ahead, sometimes you just need a “kickstart” to get focused. So grab some coffee let’s start a great week together.
We took a break from our current series at Kfirst to have our District Superintendent, Jeff Hlavin, with us. He brought a tremendous message from Mark 4:1-25 as he challenged our hearing by saying this:
- Jesus is concerned THAT we hear: “He who has ears to hear, let him hear.” Mark 4:23
- Jesus is concerned WHAT we hear: “And He was saying to them, ‘Take care what you listen to . . .” Mark 4:24
- Jesus is concerned HOW we hear: “Therefore take care how you listen . . .” Luke 8:18
Jesus is constantly speaking, but it is up to us to learn His voice and to listen to what He is saying. It’s a huge part of discipleship. And discipleship is a process of growth that we NEVER grow out of. In fact, your discipleship reveals your roots.
Jeff wrapped up with the words of Jesus declaring that a hearing heart will:
- Bring forth a bountiful harvest in your life (Mark 4:20).
- Give an opportunity for witness for you (Mark 4:21).
- Bring additional revelation to you (Mark 4:22).
- Be the basis for further development of a hearing heart for your life (Mark 4:24,25).
This week, as you are spending some time in the Word and in prayer this week, listen for how God is speaking to you. If you need a scripture reading plan, check out this one. God is always speaking, but most of the time, we’re too busy to listen.
Love you all. See you on Sunday!
BTW, here’s a song this week for your devotions playlist:
Leave a Reply