Today I want to give you a place to start your week. It’s Monday and in the wake of a great weekend and long workweek ahead, sometimes you just need a “kickstart” to get focused. So grab some coffee let’s start a great week together.
We took a break from our current series at Kfirst to have in a friend of our congregation, J.P. Dorsey director of Northpoint Bible College Grand Rapids. He brought a tremendous message from Matthew 6:19-24 as he challenged us to be generous by opening up our hands and hearts to both God and people. And as we step out in generosity, it has the power to transform us.
How does that type of change happen? According to Matthew 6…
- Generosity accumulates eternal wealth instead of temporal (v. 19-20).
- It teaches us that people are the treasure.
- Generosity transforms our vision from the temporal to the eternal (v. 22-23).
- We are naturally are prone to elevate people/stuff with our temporal views.
- Generosity moves our heart from the world to Christ (v. 24).
- Instead of hoping in materials to revive and sustain us, we trust in the Lord.
I’m all about spending some time in the Word and in prayer this week. If you need a scripture reading plan, check out this one. BUT…would you spend some time being generous with your TIME? Would you look for an opportunity to be generous with our TALENT? Perhaps, you’ll take a step and be generous with your TREASURE. In whatever way, respond this week to the great word spoken by being generous.
Love you all. See you on Sunday!
BTW: Here’s a song this week for your devotions playlist: