Had a number of people as me if I’d share the thought from this morning from my journal:
Either I am part of making a church healthy or I am part of making a church sick…It’s my choice.
What would church look like if people outside of my generation made the same level of effort to connect with that I make?
1 – Every generation needs connection before criticism.
- INITIATE relationship; CULTIVATE relationship
- It is easier to be a tool of criticism than a vessel of correct behavior
2 – Every generation needs to listen before lecturing.
- James 1:19: “slow to speak; quick to listen”
3 – Every generation needs your stories but not just your successes.
- Have you ever shared your story? Have you ever shared your failures?
4 – Every generation needs to stray from preferences and stay on target.
- Don’t separate yourself; Be willing to walk cross-generationally
Drawing from Rod Loy, Pastor of First Assembly North Little Rock: “David, so many of our churches struggle is we target the wrong thing. Be a church that targets the essentials”
Opinions – Probably only shared, in a healthy way, over coffee.
Traditions – Unique to our church.
Essentials – What is essential to a soul.
We need to stay on target…AND IT STARTS WITH Genesis 22:1 “Here am I”
Leave a Reply