In the wake of what has taken place today, I find my self with a heavy heart..unable to do my weekly marriage blog. The blog I had planned on doing today with Anne will have to wait till next week. It just didn’t seem right today.
How are you reacting to today’s events?
My reactions are so diverse.
– I want to pick my kids up from school and hold them.
– I want to express anger.
– I was feeling nauseous
– I find myself suppressing tears at the thoughts of what parents are dealing with.
My response to everything I was feeling: Ps. 61:1-2
I was “faint”…I went to the “rock that is higher than I.”
In the midst of so many ways to respond, let your response be to “Stay Close” to the “rock that is higher” than you. Stay close to Jesus.
A few things to do tonight:
- Stay close to Jesus. Personally, make a decision to keep close to the only sure foundation in life.
- Talk to your children. Hug on them. Remind them of “the rock” that is Christ. Take them to the scriptures. Proverbs 3:5-6.
- Pray as a family of those hurting families in Connecticut. Look at them like Moses in Exodus 17:12. He was weary so others came around him and held his arms up. Be the “Aaron and Hur” in the situation. Hold the weary families in Connecticut up in your prayers.
- Check your heart. Search for bitterness, malice, and unforgiveness. Take it to the Lord and release it into his hands.
- Remind yourself once more: Psalms 61:1-2 “Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer; from the end of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I…”Stay close to Jesus
Isaiah 9:6 “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Thanks for letting me ramble…