Happy Monday KFirst…
This is the official launch of the PDave blog! It’s something that I’m completely stoked about. It’s not necessarily my first stab at it. My “ramblings” began a few years ago. I have to say, I have been hesitant getting back into it. But after a long hiatus and a lot of encouragement from the KFirst team…let the rambling resume.
My blogging schedule will consist of:
- KFirst weekend thoughts (Monday) – I believe in celebrating what the Lord has done and looking forward toward what He has in store for us. Monday’s give me a chance to break down our weekend as create a vision for upcoming events.
- Thursday’s Rambling – It’s almost self explanatory; the ramblings of a man pursuing Jesus.
- Monthly Marriage Rambles – God has given me a passion for marriages. I can’t say that I’m the source of all marital advice, but it’s a journey that the Lord has placed my feet upon. Anne and I always say: the two things that make marriage work are 1. Jesus 2. Laughter.
Now that the preliminaries are out of the way.
There a few things I would love to share with you today…
#1 – I am celebrating an altar full of people surrendering their hurt and pain to Christ at our Sunday Gathering. There were many tears shed that transformed into smiles by the end of service. I am so proud of the KFirst community who surrounded them in prayer support pouring in the “oil and the wine.”
#2 – We are in our current series “Parables.” Read Luke 10:25-37. A TRUTH we gave: Unattended injuries render us vulnerable to greater injury. We challenged everyone to walk as agents of mercy and healing. We walk realizing a neighbor is “one who is like us.” Not in looks or in class. They are like us in that we should have empathy for them when we realize how similar their situation is to our own experience. We shared 2 Chronicles 28:1-15 and how it parallels the Good Samaritan. Remember: Each person must understand the needs of his neighbor in order to become a neighbor. Don’t just walk by your neighbors…step outside of your comfort zone and get involved.
#3 – We’ve just completed 5 points of outreach in the past few weeks.
- Real’s “Cardboard City” – 30 students serving the Kalamazoo community
- Dream Ride for the Kalamazoo Dream Center – $12,0000+ raised
- Song’s Against Slavery concert – $6000 raised to rescue those in sex slave industry
- Backpack Outreach – 100 backpacks bought and stuffed with supplies for local students
- 3rd Annual KFirst Car Show – Amazing community connection that is building into a KFirst tradition.
I can’t say enough thanks to those who took time to serve and give to make these possible. Thank you for all that you do.
#4 – This is a great time to invite people to church. The fall is a perfect time to live out what we’ve been preaching about on Sundays. As we gear up toward September, take a moment to connect with those in your neighborhood and look for way to invite them out. We wrap up our series “Parables” this Sunday and get ready for our new series: “DUST.” I can’t wait.
#5 – Look for ways to connect with your kids before school starts. Give them one last great memory of the summer before they head back to school.
That’s it for this Monday…I love KFirst, cannot WAIT for this Sunday.
Thanks for letting me ramble…