I love our church. In fact, I think that you love our church too – otherwise you wouldn’t be here.
But what is it exactly that we love about our church community? Why do we gather every Sunday here? Why do we volunteer here? Why don’t we see the people, not the building, as the church? We believe when the Church is working right, there is nothing like it. The Church is not an organization. It’s an organism designed to live, move, and have being. January is all about celebrating what Christ established. In Matthew 16, Jesus gave us this promise that He would build His Church, and that nothing could prevail against it. So, we don’t just attend a church and we don’t just tolerate the Church — we celebrate it, because we are part of that Church that Jesus is building! This month, we celebrate everything that God has done, while looking forward to the future. We have a rich history here at Kfirst, but we believe that the best is yet to come.
Other thoughts from the Youversion notes from Sunday:
- A church that is neat is no longer necessary; real ministry is always messy.
- The cross is the common ground where the generations can stand together.
- We need to hear the PAST stories to equip us for our PRESENT journey.
- You cannot pick up what you are not in proximity of.
- Dealing with other generations:
- 1 – LISTEN humbly to those with different preferences.
- 2 – EVALUATE fairly and change as needed.
- 3 – Be PROACTIVE in reaching across generational lines.
- Generational bridges are not built through our perfection but through our brokenness.
- Your surplus can meet another person’s deficit.
- If the Kingdom was worth Jesus’ life to give for, its cause is worthy of our devotion.
Love you all. Have an amazing week.
BTW: Here’s the new song we introduced last week…