Today I want to give you a place to start your week. It’s Monday and in the wake of a great weekend and a workweek ahead, sometimes you just need a “kickstart” to get focused. So grab some coffee let’s start a great week together.
I’m not sure if you knew this, but a magnetic compass doesn’t always show “true north.” It has been historically known that “magnetic north” waders in diverse directions. At some periods in the earth’s history, it reversed so that magnetic north pole has been near the geographic south pole. What we know as “true north” is north according to the earth’s axis. Most of us only know magnetic north. We follow what a needle driven by a magnetic PULL and have learned to follow that.
There are many things “pulling” at our attention attempting to get the focus of our lives. Jesus is our “True North.” And in this series, we’ll dive into the Old Testament prophets who spoke out to draw the people of God back to “True North.”
Other thoughts from the Youversion notes from Sunday:
- Joy is not what pushes a smile but what positions my heart.
- “…this too shall pass” vs. “…and it came to pass”
- One, places trust that something will pass.
- One places trust the God will show up.
- Joy is a statement of security.
- Happiness is a symptom of circumstances. Joy is a byproduct of perspective.
- God heals your past and secures your future so you can find joy in your present.
Love you all. Have an amazing week.
BTW: Here’s a great song for this week…